A great way to track your child's skills progression!
Starting in 2021, PBCB enrolls all youth sailors into the US Sailing “Skill Up” digital platform for instruction. With a mobile app for our instructors and students, and a website dashboard for our directors and leaders, Skill Up provides a paperless, touch-free connection for everyone at PBCB.
The Skill Up App brings US Sailing’s instructional resources to the fingertips of our instructors and students. Built to support US Sailing’s skill development curriculum, the Skill Up App provides US Sailing members with access to skill tracking, instructional videos, and teaching resources.
The new Skill Up Dashboard website gives program leaders a powerful administrative tool. PBCB’s Skill Up Dashboard connects to our instructors and students via the app. This will give us the ability to organize and manage classes, send push notifications, and record important information such as student attendance, learning progress, and level of skill.
Skill Up App features
- Skill Tracking – As students learn different onshore and skills our instructors will record their new skills in the app. The student’s skill progress is saved by US Sailing, and accessible to students and parents through the app. When a student changes classes or starts at a new organization, their skill progress automatically stays with them.
- Instructional Resources – Our PBCB instructors will have access to a library of drills, games, activities, sample lesson plans, and a lesson builder tool.
- Attendance – Instructors will be able record attendance on the app. No more paper attendance sheets!
Skill Up Dashboard features
- The dashboard will connect program leaders to the learning environment in a new way, helping us manage students and staff more efficiently,
- It will also allow us to create “sessions” and “classes” to fit our program structure, and view skill progress and attendance for each class.
- Send push notifications and bulk emails to students and/or instructors, allowing for quick, direct communication.
The goal of the “Skill Up” model is to promote lifelong sailing in a variety of sailing disciplines, from first time sailors to experienced racers, and provide a skill development path for every participant
US Sailing recommends that sailors have the opportunity to try different boat types and sailing disciplines. By gaining experience and building confidence in a variety of watercraft, young sailors are better prepared to take advantage of new sailing opportunities in the future.