No-cost Outreach Programming, Adaptive Programs, and Financial Aid
All citizens of a seaside community with a rich, maritime heritage should have the opportunity to develop skills and participate in marine-related activities, regardless of their abilities. These activities develop leadership, self-confidence, and teamwork skills and often lead to employment opportunities. In addition, they provide recreation, education, environmental stewardship, and personal enrichment for all participants–youth, families, and adults. Affordable, accessible marine-related programs are extremely limited in our communities. PBCB fills this need and removes the barriers to participation.
PBCB offers our community affordable access to the water, manages regattas and other sailing events, and provides free community outreach by providing the following programs at no cost:
- First Sail Field Trip for all 3rd graders from Brewster, Chatham, Eastham, Harwich, and Orleans elementary schools.
- Monday afternoon sailing for Monomoy Community Services summer camp kids
- Home of the Monomoy Regional High School Sailing Team
- Wednesday afternoon sailing for Cape Abilities Sailing Team
- Blind and Visually Impaired Sailing
- Council on Aging Senior Sailing: Brewster, Chatham, Harwich, and Orleans
- Orleans Pond Coalition Celebrate Our Waters Festival
- Individual Financial Aid: to apply, click the Financial Aid link in the sidebar
Contact Abby Field at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about participating in one of our accessible programs above!