Free Outreach Programming
All citizens of a seaside community with a rich, maritime heritage should have the opportunity to develop skills and participate in marine-related activities, regardless of their abilities. These activities develop leadership, self-confidence, and teamwork skills and often lea to employment opportunities. In addition, they provide recreations, education, environmental stewardship, and personal enrichment for all participants–youth, families, and adults. Affordable, accessible marine-related programs are extremely limited in our communities. PBCB fills this need and removes the barriers to participation.
PBCB offers our community affordable access to the water, manages regattas and other sailing events, and provides free community outreach to the following:
- First Sail Field Trip for all 3rd graders from Brewster, Chatham, Eastham, Harwich, Orleans, and Wellfleet schools.
- Monday afternoon sailing for Monomoy Community Services summer camp kids
- Monomoy Regional High School Sailing Team
- Harwich Recreation Summer Program
- Cape Abilities Sailing
- Blind and Visually Impaired Sailing
- Council on Aging Senior Sailing: Brewster, Chatham, Harwich, and Orleans
- Orleans Pond Coalition Celebrate Our Waters Festival
- Individual Scholarships: to apply, click the scholarship link in the sidebar