3.6 acres of waterfront property with a world of potential for our communities.
Majestic and pristine, Pleasant Bay hasn’t changed much over the years. But its coastline has. The bustling sailing camps that used to dot the waterline have been replaced by private homes. As public access to the shoreline has diminished, so has the community’s connection with the water.
Believing the children in our communities needed a positive place to put their energy, and fueled by the desire to share their love of sailing and boating, a handful of volunteers founded Pleasant Bay Community Boating more than a decade ago with little more than a handful of boats and a pickup truck that served as an office.
Since then our fleet has grown and thousands of our students have experienced the confidence, skill, and joy of sailing.
The Pleasant Bay Community Boating campus is a cornerstone of the community: a multi-generational gathering place for learning, research, recreation and stewardship of the Bay. We are partnering with major academic institutions for marine education, collaborating with community organizations for environmental research, building our programs to enhance recreational and learning opportunities for people with disabilities, and continuing our long tradition of access to, and care for, our shared natural treasure of Pleasant Bay.Partner With Us Capital Campaign Annual Fund
If you shop at Amazon, please consider helping to support Pleasant Bay Community Boating by choosing us as your charity of choice to contribute towards. AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you.
- Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Pleasant Bay Community Boating, Inc. whenever you shop on AmazonSmile.
- AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support your charitable organization by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
Our Wish List
Do you like to give practical gifts? Here are some practical items we need to keep our waterfront humming along smoothly and safely:
- 6 additional 100 lbs. mooring anchors with tackle. This would be 6 @$400 each or $2400
- 4 – 24” life rings with heaving line for motorboats
- 6 sets of boat flares @ $36 per four or $216 total
- 6 boat fire extinguishers @ $25 each or $150 total
- 10 Jibsheet: 5/16″, 30′ @ $17/ea or $165 total
- 6 mainsails at $399 each or $2,394 total
- 4 marine fuel water separator kits including fuel line and primer bulb @$50 ea. or $200 total
If you are able to supply any of these items, please email Abby at email@example.com. If you would like to donate toward these waterfront needs, please click here to give and type “waterfront” in the note field.